Raise Ewing Sarcoma Awareness…
Heather Brooke Foundation Fundraising Events
The Heather Brooke Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in 2007 in honor of Heather Brooke Tepper’s memory to fight Ewing Sarcoma. The purpose of the foundation is to provide assistance to children with debilitating illnesses with a focus on cancer research and awareness. Our goals are to help sick children in our community, make donations to organizations that help children like Make-A-Wish Foundationâ and to organize fundraisers to assist organizations such as Johns Hopkins Children’s Center and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in their endeavors to provide the best medical care to children in need.
To date, the Heather Brooke Foundation has raised over $80,000.00 to fight childhood cancer. We have done this through our annual Heather Brooke Memorial Golf Tournament, 50/50 raffles, corporate office denim days, private donations and other various fundraising events.
In October 2010, we held our annual Heather Brooke Memorial Golf Tournament at Compass Pointe Golf Course. Thank you to our sponsors, golfers, those who sent private donations and all who donated items for our gift bags and prizes, as well as A Blooming Basket for the centerpiece and Karma Kakes for the cake. Also, thank you to our two cash winners of the raffle and 50/50 who, very generously, donated their winnings back. With everyone’s support, we exceeded our goal of raising $20,000!
In September 2010, Karma Kakes is donating $5.00 per cake through the month of September to the Heather Brooke Foundation. Thank you Karma Kakes and everyone who supports us.
In February 2010, Adam “Ozzie” Osborn held a charity lunch for the Heather Brooke Foundation at Carrabba’s Italian Grill in Ocean City to help our cause towards fighting Ewing Sarcoma. He sold tickets to a buffet as well as raffle tickets to win a dinner for ten at Carrabba’s. He also sold dozens of his delicious chocolate chip cookies. All funds raised were donated to the Foundation. Thank you Ozzie and all who attended.
In January 2010, the Heather Brooke Foundation held as Ewing Sarcoma fundraiser at the Comedy Factory in Baltimore. Everyone in attendance had a great time. The night was filled with laughter. Thank you to everyone who attended and supported our cause.
In December 2009, DLA Piper LLP US, a law firm in Baltimore, hosted a denim day to raise funds for the Heather Brooke Foundation. Thank you for your support.
Over the years, the donations from the Heather Brooke Foundation’s fundraising efforts include:
- · Providing equipment to the Johns Hopkins Pediatric Oncology research team which ultimately resulted in a clinical trial for patients with high risk sarcomas.
- · Giving a cash donation to the Johns Hopkins Child Life Department, as well as donated a variety of Wii game consoles, PlayStation games and movie DVDs to Pediatric Oncology thereby improving the quality of the children’s stays in the hospital.
- · Donating funds to the Johns Hopkins Social Work Department to assist with the families’ expenses (i.e., lodging, food, and transportation) while their children are confined to the hospital.
- · Providing Thanksgiving dinner and gift bags for the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center patients and their families.
- · Making donations to two local children’s medical funds.
- · Donating funds to send 14 children to Camp Sunrise, located in Whitehall, Maryland. This camp provides sick children the opportunity to participate in various activities while still receiving their required treatment as they battle cancer.
- · Purchasing special software wanted and needed by a visually impaired child in hospice care.
- · Continuing our cooperative relationship with the Make-A-Wish Foundationâ, donating several sets of luggage, gift cards, and disposable cameras, thus supporting their mission of granting seriously ill children their wishes.
If you would like to join our cause in fighting childhood cancer and make a private donation to the Heather Brooke Foundation, you can mail us a check or visit the Heather Brooke Foundation Cause Page on Facebook.
Please make checks payable to: Heather Brooke Foundation
7158 Gardenview Court
Baltimore, MD 21226
Attn: Michelle Tepper
If you have any questions about the Heather Brooke Foundation, please feel free to contact us via email HERE or you can visit our Facebook page Heather Brooke Foundation (you must be logged in to Facebook to go directly to this page).